About Dr. Ahmad
What do you need from your family doctor? You need someone who will forge a genuine and honest relationship with you. You need someone who will understand your unique story and needs, and see you as a human being, just as you are. You need someone who can create a welcoming environment, validate your concerns and carefully explain your options. And you need a provider who has the skill to deliver top-notch treatment.
My route to family medicine allowed me to develop a broad array of qualifications. After receiving emergency medicine training in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I moved to Cairo, Egypt for additional supervision. In 2008, I moved to Australia to learn the art of primary care medicine, and I worked in a variety of roles that taught me the skills I needed for my family medicine career: obstetrics and gynecology, critical care, surgery and anesthesia. In 2011, I moved to Rochester, New York in the U.S. for more OB/GYN experience, and returned to Australia with a firm command of health care delivery for women. After working as an OB/GYN, I developed interest in skin care, particularly for surgical treatment of skin cancer and for cosmetic medicine.
One of the most fulfilling aspects of being a family physician is performing office procedures, which utilizes many of the skills I’ve learned. To get the best results from a procedure, you first need excellent communication between physician and patient. When I consult with you about your procedure, you’ll get a thorough, caring, plain-language explanation of what needs to happen. With gentleness and patience, I’ll help you understand the steps of the procedure so that you can have trust and confidence in your treatment plan.
Being a procedure-performing family physician requires caring, but it also requires competence in a broad range of skill sets. Here are some of the procedures I’m qualified to perform:
Skin cancer surgery, including:
- Skin checks for early detection of skin cancer
- Simple cancer removal methods for better healing and cosmetic results
- Skin flaps or grafts for more complex incisions to ensure good outcomes.
Non-cancer skin surgery:
- Cysts or benign skin tumor removal (hemangiomas, sebaceous cysts, lipomas, warts, pilar cysts, ganglion cysts, pyogenic granulomas and other lesions)
- Acar revision (conservative, minimally invasive and surgical methods)
- Mole and skin tag removal
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Injectables: anti-wrinkle injections (including Botox) and filler
- Sun-damaged skin treatment for loss of pigmentation, increased vascularity or red appearance, and loss of skin elasticity. Treatment uses laser therapy, chemical peels, active ingredient skin products and radiofrequency microneedling.
- Hyperhidrosis treatment: sweat and odor reduction of the armpit, hands, soles of feet, face and scalp
- Over 500 deliveries
- Vaginal birth
- Vaginal-assisted births (vacuum or forceps)
- Caesarean section (C-section) operation
Circumcision: neonatal circumcision
As a procedure-performing physician, the most important aspect of my service to you is providing you with thorough, empathetic explanations of the procedure options. No question you ask is too small or unimportant, because your well-being is my number one priority. In my office you will find dignity, respect and kindness. But best of all, you will find hope, and you will find solutions.
I look forward to working with you.